Thursday, October 29, 2009

making peach preserves

Feb. 18, 2007. This dish is fantastic! I bought a jar of Newman's own peach salsa instead of combining regular salsa with fruit preserves and it came out delicious! Served with a side of black beans....will be making this one weekly! ...Good additions to bbq sauce: peach preserves, orange marmalade or apple butter. All thicken and add a deeper flavor. Another good sweetening agent is maple syrup. To make the bbq sauce I'll use 1 cup ketchup, 2 tbsps vinegar, ...I don't exactly enjoy making them because there is a lot of cutting and the onions bother my eyes. These days, I'm starting to purchase the ingredients for my fruit cakes. What about you? Have you made any preserves or pickles this ...Before they're gone, you can easily preserve fresh peaches' fleeting, nectared essance by making a batch of homemade jam. Perfect for holiday gift giving, I also love opening a jar of homemade jam on a snowy winter morning, ...Making Peach Preserves. by Andrea Valdez. Small text; Medium text; Big text; Click to email this article; Click to print this article; Click to save this article; View story on one page; Post to Facebook A� Digg this article ...I've been on a jam kick lately since peaches are the perfect thing to a�?put upa�? for winter. When making peach preserves last week, I had an idea a�� why not add a flavored syrup to the mix? A few days prior I'd cooked up some elderberry ...Peach is one of my favorite flavors and one of my favorite preserves among friends. So when we go peach picking, I always over buy and preserve. I use my basic, lower sugar recipe and spice it up just a bit with some cinnamon and nutmeg. ... I've never tried making my own perserves, but maybe I'll start now. :). August 14, 2009 11:11 AM A� Dolce said... I made apricot jam last week. Though instead of using pectin, I usually slice and dice an apple (which naturally contains ...Before the last batch was done, we were spooning peach preserves onto pieces of a baguette. The verdict: delicious, sweet, tangy and rich, despite the unripe peaches. The dill pickles had a sharp, full flavor that made store-bought ...120 Lip-Smacking Good Jam Recipesis full of easy to make recipes for preserves as well as a section covering the basics of jam making. Enjoy these delicious jams on toast, in sandwiches or to top off your favorite ice cream. ...Well now that I've got this stock pile of peach preserve... I've been looking for things to do with it! I came across a few yummy looking recipes... And with a few tweaks, I'm sure they'll be quite yummy. I'm making the Chipotle-Peach ...
for christmas i have about 12 people i need to buy for in my family. so i was just gonna make peach pie in a jar and peach preserves.

so what is a really good recipe for peach pie in a jar that can just be put in a crust and baked? also, could you include the instructions for when you want to bake the actual pie?

and keep in mind that peaches are not in season so i would like a recipe that will still taste great with canned peaches!

thanks :)
i want to make it, and ive made jared foods several times in my life, so im not too worried about messing it up.


Well I joined spark teens and they made out a meal plan for me..
I am used to eating small snacks throughout the day and maybe an actual meal in the afternoon or morning

this is what it is:
Breakfast:
15 Grapes
Milk, 1 cup non fat
Instant, Quick, and Regular Oats Cereal, 0.75 cup, cooked
Bread, whole wheat (including toast), 1 slice, thin (3-3/4" x 5" x 3/8")Added
Jams, preserves, jelly
Yogurt, fruit, 0.5 container (4oz)

Lunch:
Baby Carrots, raw, 5 mediumAdded
Peanut Butter, smooth style, 1 tbsp
Peaches, fresh, 1 large (2-3/4" dia) (approx 2-1/2 per lb)
Bread, whole wheat (including toast), 1 slice, thin (3-3/4" x 5" x 3/8")
Bread, whole wheat (including toast), 1 slice, thin (3-3/4" x 5" x 3/8")
Jams, preserves, jelly, 1 tbsp


Dinner:
Spinach, frozen, 0.75 cup
Louis Rich Turkey Bacon, 4 serving
Cheddar Cheese, 1 oz
Peaches, fresh, 1 large (2-3/4" dia) (approx 2-1/2 per lb)
Bread, pita, whole-wheat, 1.5 pita, small (4" dia)
Bread, pita, whole-wheat, 1.5 pita, small (4" dia) (why are there duplicate items?
Brown Sugar, 3 tsp packed
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 1 large whole (3" dia)

snacks:

Oranges, 1 fruit (2-5/8" dia)
Bread, pita, whole-wheat, 1 pita, small (4" dia)
Bread, pita, whole-wheat, 1 pita, small (4" dia) (why are there duplicate items?)
Spicy Eggplant Dip RECIPE, 0.5 serving

I know I don't have to follow it if I don't want but I'm just curious.. do you think I should make myself eat like that? I think since my dad is European we always eat like Europeans, but should I change to this kinda diet? because this diet is to get enough calories, calcium, carbs, and fat a day, that I need to be a healthy adult..

do you think I could just take vitamins? or would getting it from actual food be better..


I made 20 jars of jam this weekend (two types) and found out after that sugar acts as a preservative. This was 2 days after... The fruit I used was extremely ripe and bursting and sweet so I only added about a cup of sugar to 10 pounds of fruit! I cooked it for a while, but should I be concerned about my jams? Should I, or can I, reheat them all and add sugar if this is necessary to preserve them and then heat pack them again to preserve them? Please help, thank you!


I know you can substitute up to half of the sugar in frozen things (ice cream and such) with fruit preserves, adds flavor, pectin adds stability stuff like that...
But, can you do the same in baking? can you substitute sugar with preserves while making, say, cookies?

I am making oatmeal cookies and i've got some peach preserves i want to get rid of, would it be possible to substitute some of the sugar with these preserves?


It may be a lot of work but I love doing it. I can't imagine not putting food(especially all the awesome fruit available right now) away for winter and next spring before we have anything. I just got done with 80 pounds of sweet black cherries and I hope to do equal amounts of peaches and tomatoes and then I have a ton of italian blue plums too. I freeze, dry, can, make jams, anything. Any other moms doing this too? What do you do with your LO's? Do you wait till they sleep? Wait till your SO can watch them? Or wait till they're sleeping? With my son, I do a lot while he's napping but I continue when he wakes up because he's old enough to take care of himself for the most part and I'm too tired to do it in the evening. Just wondering what I'm going to do next summer when I have another little one :P
Suggested Category: Society & Culture > Cultures & Groups > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered Lmao!
Woo, at least there's someone else doing it too, lol. I live in a fruit producing valley in canada. I wish I had more veggies to do things with, but I've only frozen some peas and green beans from my garden. But there's fruit everywhere! And I hope to do some applesauce later too, I forgot about that. lol!


On iTunes there is a application called More Toast where you have a choice of bread and toppings and you can make your own toast. There is already a big list of toppings you can spread on your toast and iTunes updates it often with new spreads, suggested by people. What topping do you think should be added to the list?

I suggest some of those little silver balls you get ontop of cakes, or some marmite or pate. What do you think?
10 POINTS !!

Here is what they already have:
Butter (spread and pats)
- Strawberry Jam
- Grape Jelly
- Peanut Butter
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Syrup
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Peach Preserves
- Orange Marmalade
- Lemon Curd
- Honey
- Nutella
- Marshmallow Creme (Fluff)
- Icing
- Eggs
- Bacon
- Lettuce
- Tomato
- Swiss Cheese
- Ham
- American Cheese
- Whipped Cream
- Sprinkles
- Strawberries
- Blueberries
- Raspberries
- Bananas
- Chocolate Chips
OMG They should so add baked beans!
Or grated cheese! I've just realised they don't have either of them.
Chocolate sauce too!


Recipe for preserving a husband
Be careful of your selection.Do not choose too young.when once selected,give your entire thought to preparation for domestic use.Some insist on keeping them in a pickle,others constantly getting them in hot water.This makes them sour,hard and sometimes bitter.Even poor varieties may be made sweet,tender and good by garnishing them with patience,well sweetened with love and seasoned with kisses.wrap them in a mantle of charity,keepwarm with a steady fire of domestic devotion,and serve with peaches and cream.Thus prepared,they will keep for years.
KISS KISS*


I am going to make pure vanilla extract with whole beans split down the middle and placed in good vodka. I plan on letting them set for at least a year to really bring out the flavor.

I have seen recipes for things like Limoncello and Kumquat-cello and other fruit liquors and want to try a few. But what I really need is a great recipe for cherries in Kirsch and whole fruits preserved in liquor. I saw them take whole fruits like peaches, pears, plums, nectarines, etc and layer them in a large jar then add a little sugar, then add another layer of fruit, then more sugar and so on. Then they added either brandy or vodka and let it set over a year. I want to make similar things to serve my guests in the future but need the amounts of fruit, vs sugar and the better tasting brands of liquor. Since I don't drink, all the booze in the liquor store looks the same to me. Any recipes or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!. Thanks so much.


1) Pomes that range in color from green-yellow, yellow with red blush to brown; eaten raw, canned, pickled or dried (5 letters)
2) Drupe that is similar in flavor and shape to a peach (9 letters)
3) Variety of drupe that has a fuzzy skin (5 letters)
4) Citrus fruit grown in China and Japan; usually available in canned form (8 letters)
5) yellow-orange coloured drupes that are juicy and sweet flavor; smaller than a peach (8 letters)
6) Group of fruits that include citron, kumquats, orange and limes (6 letters)
7) Groups of fruit that grow in warm climates ( 8 letters)
8) Citrus fruit that is bright ornage, oval, and small; used to make preserves. ( 7 letters)
9) Substance that binds cells together ( 8 letters)


I want to plant peaches, pears, apples, plums, and apricots. We are a family of four and I want to make juice, preserves, and can/freeze/dry enough fruit to last us throughout the year. But I don't want to waste a bunch of food either....I have five acres, so space is not a problem. How many of each tree do you think I should plant. We are planting dwarf trees that will grow to be 6-8 feet tall.


The characters in my story have no access to civilization.

They have planted apples, peaches, pears, cherries, plums, oranges, grapefruit, lemons, pineapple and maple, but these will not yield for years.

They also have strawberries, grapes and raspberries, which may produce a crop in the first season.

They are able to pickle their vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, et al.) with salt and vinegar for preservation.

But I would like them to have an alternative to sun drying their fruits. Where does pectin come from, anyway?

They don't have alcohol (yet) and so can't make brandied fruits, either.

I'm open to ideas, and thanks.


nectar instead? I'm using peach preserves also will it compromise the taste? I can't find the peach nectar anywhere!





HELP ! PLEASE TRIVIA QUESTIONS! 5 POINTS FOR WHO EVER ANSWERS!
im doign a crossword puzzle! if u know any of these answers please help! the time is from pioneer times until now
what are very small fish sold in cans in canada. its not tuna!
what is....
a native grain product
looks like a miniture pie
staple foods of pioneers(meat alternatives)
the smallest province of canada
another name for turnips
indian campfire
valley in Nova Scotia famous for apples and peaches
very fertile farmland in ontario
outside restaurants in quebec
shellfish
method of preserving food
maritime vegetable
popular beef cut
type of cheese made in ontario
bread made famous during Klondike Gold rush
candy made from maple syrup


HELP ! PLEASE TRIVIA QUESTIONS! 5 POINTS FOR WHO EVER ANSWERS!
im doign a crossword puzzle! if u know any of these answers please help! the time is from pioneer times until now
what are very small fish sold in cans in canada. its not tuna!
what is....
a native grain product
looks like a miniture pie
staple foods of pioneers(meat alternatives)
the smallest province of canada
another name for turnips
indian campfire
valley in Nova Scotia famous for apples and peaches
very fertile farmland in ontario
outside restaurants in quebec
shellfish
method of preserving food
maritime vegetable
popular beef cut
type of cheese made in ontario
bread made famous during Klondike Gold rush
candy made from maple syrup


HELP ! PLEASE TRIVIA QUESTIONS! 5 POINTS FOR WHO EVER ANSWERS!
im doign a crossword puzzle! if u know any of these answers please help! the time is from pioneer times until now
what are very small fish sold in cans in canada. its not tuna!
what is....
a native grain product
looks like a miniture pie
staple foods of pioneers(meat alternatives)
the smallest province of canada
another name for turnips
indian campfire
valley in Nova Scotia famous for apples and peaches
very fertile farmland in ontario
outside restaurants in quebec
shellfish
method of preserving food
maritime vegetable
popular beef cut
type of cheese made in ontario
bread made famous during Klondike Gold rush
candy made from maple syrup


I live in Ontario and the peaches are PERFECT right now. A couple of years ago I had fresh canned (jarred) peaches in the middle of winter and they were so incredible- nothing like the store stuff. We poured the peach halves and juices over vanilla ice cream, and the flavours were- just like summer!

I would like a recipe with minimal cooking so as to preserve the most natural, clean taste and texture, if you know of one, in some kind of sugar/water syrup.

Thanks :)
thanks nolan, you're ever so helpful! lol. I'm looking for a recipe that somebody has tried and can vouch for as being good, because I want to can a LOT of peaches, and that is a lot of work, so I don't want to have to throw out tons of jars. :)


1. do you need pectin to make peach preserves?
2. there are recipes that don't need pectin why use lemons?
3. is there a really good peach reserve recipe?


I am going to be getting many bushels of peaches from Georgia this summer when I am driving home from vacation. I was wondering if there was any way to preserve them so I could make them last throughout the year?? I know I could probably can them, but the only way I know of doing that is to cook them in a mixture of sugar & water and store them in that, and I would really like to avoid doing that so that I can keep them more natural and without all of the added sugar content.
Thanks!!


I have a white peach tree and I just pick tons of them from my tree. Now what do I do with them? I thought I could make them into a preserve and give them out to my friends. But I don't know any recipe for a peach perserve. What is the best and tastiest preserve recipe out there?


I have a recipe for peach cobbler newtons (found on the food network website) and it asks for 1 1/2 cups peach preserves. I need to know what the equivelent is in fresh peaches and if I need to add anything to make it more juicy. I am expecting an influx of peaches (yay for my tree) so any family recipes for cobblers, or anything would also be appreciated! No links to websites though, I can find that info myself! :)





I want to make peach preserves as favors for my wedding (put them in mason type jars). I am afraid it will be more trouble than it is worth. What do you think? I am having about 150 people at my wedding. Does anyone have any recipes?
I am getting hitched in November and would have some help. I have never made them before...


I want to make peach preserves as favors for my wedding (put them in mason type jars). I am afraid it will be more trouble than it is worth. What do you think? I am having about 150 people at my wedding. Does anyone have any recipes?


Hi, my son's first birthday party is this Saturday and I am trying to make a bunch of the appetizers ahead of time so that I can enjoy the party more and spend less time in the kitchen. I have made a great cajun meatball recipe that gets tossed in bbq sauce and peach preserves. They taste great. However, I made the meatballs tonight and will be freezing them to save on time. I would like to heat and serve them with the sauce in a crockpot for the party. How should I do this? Thaw meatballs first? Put them in frozen with the sauce? How early in the day should I put them in and at what temperature, if I want them hot and ready to serve at 2pm? Sorry for all the weird little questions, but I am a complete novice when it comes to slow-cookers! I just really want to spend the day with my son, not preparing a bunch of silly appetizers that won't last 30 minutes!





I'd really like to make a nice dessert, maybe a cake or pastry of some kind, using peach preserves. Any ideas?

(If it has chocolate as well, so much the better!)


so i just got these great white peaches and i need to make a tart...i have raspberry preserves so would that go well with it or should i puree some of the peaches instead...or put something else like apricot preserves or something...thanks for the help!


I have a few that I make that are sooo good! Peach jam with Pear liqueur, blueberry jam with couintreau (spelling?) - looking for other specialty ideas?? I can do the substitutions for sugar with liqueur - I need some new ideas, though! Thank you - you guys have always come through?

No comments:

Post a Comment